The Truth about Carnival

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: May 01, 2007
Ship: Carnival Fascination
Cabin Type: Suite
I decided to cdelebrate my 30th Birthday and go on a Carnival Cruise to Nassau. I have heard so many positive things about Carnival so that is what I chose.

From the moment we stepped on the ship I could tell that it wasn't what it appeared to be. They claimed it had been refirbished...im still wondering where the refirbishments took place. It reaked of smokers and mold!!! It had appeared that the ship was still stuck in the mid 80s. Neon lights and lots of mirrors!!!

They also claim the ship has stablilizers....you feel everything!!!!

Everyone raves about the food......im confused about what there was to rave about. The chicken was dry, the beef eas still mooing, the desserts were bland, the coffe was horrible and the drinks were watered down.

Not much to do!!!! Gambling and drinking is mostly whats on board. And if you like to gamble then be prepared to fork over a lung...EVERYONE SMOKES!!!! The entertainment was lousy, the singers were way off key, the dancers weren't in sync, the costumes were scary. The lounge singer sounded like someone was choking him.

Staff was very pushy...tried to get you to spend more on items, I felt like I was at a neverending infomercial. The waiter in the main dining room couldn't get our order right, he gave my birthday cake to other people, and threw the food on the table. Our wine arrived at our table after our meal as coffe and dessert was coming.

You could not walk completly around the ship, you had to go up and over and around. Very confusing are the deck plans. Lots of trash around the decks, seem to take forever to get things cleaned up, stepped over spilled coffee many times. Napkins at dinner tables were stained, Forks and knives were very dirty.

Not as large as it appeared online. Stateroom was turned down once properly.

Pros: nothing

Cons: everything

Recommends Carnival Fascination? No.