Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

An excellent short cruise!

Sail Date: February 01, 2007

This short four-day cruise on the newly refurbished Fascination was my sixth on Carnival since 2000, and one of the most enjoyable. One thing I have noticed is how Carnival has continued to improve each year. One of the improvements I like most is the self-assist option for embarking and debarking; if you can carry your own luggage on and off the ship the whole process is much faster and more convenient.

Also, I just love the new beds and bedding in the cabins. As a frequent traveler who stays more than 100 nights a year in hotels, I cannot remember more comfortable beds than the new ones on Carnival.

When we first boarded the Fascination we were somewhat disappointed with the small size of the ship, having been on the larger Carnival Victory a few months ago. But by the end of the cruise the quality of the food, entertainment and staff provided an enjoyable experience.

Our favorite feature of this cruise was the entertainment of Music Asia, a group of four talented musicians from the Philippines who are musical impressionists; they impressively mimic the popular music of a wide range of well-known artists. I have seen this same thing on previous Carnival cruises, but these guys were the best.

In Key West, rather than choose one of the excursions offered by Carnival, I walked about three blocks from Mallory Square to take a tour of the Harry S. Truman Little White House. I love US presidential history and the presidential libraries so this was a good choice, which took about two hours.

Pros: The entertainment

Cons: It's a smaller ship

Recommends Carnival Fascination? Yes!

By today's standard, it is a smaller ship. But, it felt like a brand new ship; it was completely refurbished in late 2006
Always friendly and very accomodating
Brand new bathroom, very nice cabin; and the best beds!
I have never had a bad meal on any of my six Carnival cruises. I like the addition of alternative selections that are constant on the evening dinner menu
Show lounge and comedy was good, better than other cruises; The Music Asia group was fantastic, the best I have seen on any cruise!