Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Short but Sweet!

Sail Date: February 02, 2007

This was a superbowl cruise, so much of the time I felt as though I was forced to regale in a sport that I generally don't care about. However there were plenty of places to escape the drunken football festivities, and given that this was a once a year weekend, I should have probably chosen a different week to cruise. We managed to have a lot of fun regardless, but did not meet too many other like-minded guests.

Pros: That in the few days on board, we had a full experience without feeling rushed

Cons: the overly aggressive staff on board pushing crazy drinks and the relentless tourism in Nassau that didnt feel relaxed at all

Recommends Carnival Fascination? Yes!

Loved to dine freely in the lido deck restaurant most of the time-terrific options to choose from and of course the midnight buffet...
Not the most beautiful stateroom in the world, but clean, comfortable, and we had the loveliest attendant I have ever had on a ship.
Amazing deck space-wide open and not too crowded at any point.
The port of Nassau is by my standards not very impressive. Probably the most impressive aspect is having all of those super-ships in a row next to yours--pretty awesome! The tour operators are extremely aggressive and even a little intimidating if you're not adamant that you dont want what they are selling. With firm but civil words I let them know (yes-I am a New Yorker). There doesn't seem to be much to do off-the beaten-track except go to the beach without one of the supercrowded tours or very expensive shore excursions. Atlantis is worth the little trip over to Paradise Island because it's a destination that has it all, kind of like Vegas on the beach if you like that kind of glitz. I was hoping for more natural sights, more exclusion so I would not recommend this port for those like me.
Don't Miss: The undresea aquarium at Atlantis-go on your own and not on the over-crowded tour!