Short but Sweet!

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Carnival Fascination

3 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail Date: February 02, 2007

Ship: Carnival Fascination

Review Summary

This was a superbowl cruise, so much of the time I felt as though I was forced to regale in a sport that I generally don't care about. However there were plenty of places to escape the drunken football festivities, and given that this was a once a year weekend, I should have probably chosen a different week to cruise. We managed to have a lot of fun regardless, but did not meet too many other like-minded guests.

Ship Experiences

Loved to dine freely in the lido deck restaurant most of the time-terrific options to choose from and of course the midnight buffet...

Amazing deck space-wide open and not too crowded at any point.

Not the most beautiful stateroom in the world, but clean, comfortable, and we had the loveliest attendant I have ever had on a ship.

Ports Of Call

The port of Nassau is by my standards not very impressive. Probably the most impressive aspect is having all of those super-ships in a row next to yours--pretty awesome! The tour operators are extremely aggressive and even a little intimidating if you're not adamant that you dont want what they are selling. With firm but civil words I let them know (yes-I am a New Yorker). There doesn't seem to be much to do off-the beaten-track except go to the beach without one of the supercrowded tours or very expensive shore excursions. Atlantis is worth the little trip over to Paradise Island because it's a destination that has it all, kind of like Vegas on the beach if you like that kind of glitz. I was hoping for more natural sights, more exclusion so I would not recommend this port for those like me.
Don't Miss: The undresea aquarium at Atlantis-go on your own and not on the over-crowded tour!

Pros: That in the few days on board, we had a full experience without feeling rushed

Cons: the overly aggressive staff on board pushing crazy drinks and the relentless tourism in Nassau that didnt feel relaxed at all

Recommends Carnival Fascination? Yes!