Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Will cruise again, but not on Carnival

Sail Date: December 18, 2006

It was my first cruise and was warned by co-workers who are long-time cruisers NOT to cruise Carnival. Some employees were extrememly rude while others (a small handful) were fantastic. I was getting things together to get to port on our final day and a very rude man knocked on my door and when I answered he advised me that I "Need to get out of my room and off of the ship now". It was 9am and people were still eating breakfast so I suppose I was a little thrown back by his 'customer service' skills. I went to the salon for a trim and highlight. The person that was going to cut my hair literally argued with me as to what I should do with it for a cut. Who tells you how to cut your own hair? I asked for red highlights and my hair turned bright orange. I wasted $90 on a shore excursion that was a total disaster that I did not even go on. In the coconut bar and grill outside dining area, maintenance was washing the deck above while people were eating below, splashing dirty water all over us and our food. One would think that they would make sure nobody was below, or at least warn you or better yet, choose to wash the deck at another time - not in the middle of the main dinner rush. I will take my friends advice and cruise a more customer service friendly cruise line.

Pros: The overall experience of being on the water

Cons: The salon died my hair orange and my shore excursion was a COMPLETE disaster

Recommends Carnival Fascination? No.

Nothing special - not much to do unless you wanted to play bingo or listen to kids scream by the pool.
Did not opt for main dining as originally anticipated. Preferred a more relaxed environment to be able to sit outside.
Would have preferred to book a balcony but LOVED to be rocked to sleep!
Only a small handful (in restaurant and bar) were great.
Calica, Mexico
Great time - all except the shore excursion