Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Very relaxing!

Sail Date: October 23, 2006

After reading other reviews that stated how poorly kept the ship was, I was pleasantly surprised to find that our cabin was always very clean and tidy and the decks and restaurants were always cleaned quickly. There are plenty of things to do onboard. The shows at The Palace were entertaining and we also enjoyed the karaoke bar and piano bar. It seemed like there weren't many people on this cruise and it probably would have been more fun in the evenings if there were more.

Pros: the food, the cleanliness of the cabin

Cons: early morning announcements, didn't get the upgrade that I was promised

There were many activities offered but I opted to spend most of my time lounging.
The only problem I found was in trying to find my way around the ship. I was always lost or forgetting where things were.
For every meal there were many choices and it was delicious. I did notice that by the last day the quality seemed to decline somewhat.
Our cabin was always clean and well cared for. We boarded early (around noon) so our cabin was not ready. I did notice that for the first 2 days there was always cleaning supplies sitting in the hallway day and night, which was tacky.
Our cabin steward was always friendly and did his job well. Our waiter at dinner was very gracious and made each meal very enjoyable.
Calica, Mexico
We opted to do the "Beach Break" and this was a mistake. The area where they took us looked like it had been a jungle just a week ago. It's an open bar (beware the watered down drinks) and the "shops" they offer are over-priced and consists of 1 small store, if you can call it that. They have free sea kayaks, which are fun if the water is not too choppy. They also offer lounge chairs and small cabanas for shade. It was nice to sit and relax but I could have done this on the ship. I would choose a different excursion next time.
Key West, Florida
Key West is a beautiful place but we didn't get much time there. We saw Hemmingway's home but we did this on our own and saved a lot of money. Carnival was charging $35 per person for this excursion and we just walked to the home and paid $11 for each of us. It's a nice walk.