Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Amazing Time

Sail Date: August 28, 2006

The ship was phenomenal. It was my first cruise as an adult and my fiancee' first altogether. From day one we had a new thing to share and delight in as a couple. It would have been interesting if there would have been festivities specifically geared for first timers. Also having an all inclusive option for this cruise I think should be offered. With running from the pool to the gym and to the spa having to make sure I always had the card from ship did get annoying at times. There should also be a compliementary picture provided. Those two things (and you see how small they are) are the only things I think anyone on the ship would have even the slightest suggestion not even a complaint about. The ship was great. The service was excellent.

Pros: The cruise afforded opportunities to explore and try different things out. If you missed the comedy show at 8:30 you could still catch it later on that evening.

Cons: While the cruise did do a great job of being efficient and hassle free an all inclusive option would be great. Why not have the chance to book your excursions prior and add that to the cost of your trip. The sail and sign card is good but not having that option was disappointing.

It would be nice if there is a kosher option available for those who need it. It really isn't as hard as it is made out to be. What would the ship do if a person couldn't eat fish? Even if its not available in every single dining area but to not have this available at all was disappointing.
There was ample room for us. While we were only on the boat for the four days we stayed extra days in Florida which we needed to pack for and the room easily accomodated those needs.
The crew was always friendly and pleasant. More importantly there was always someone available.
Plenty of things to do. I could write on and on but basketball, ping pong, sun bathing, swimming, dancing, gambling, karoke, comedy shows and etc.
Calica, Mexico
Great. One thing I didn't like though was the lack of clarity surronding this option. You're told the trip is 3.5 hours however it isn't explained to you that most of that is transportation to your destination.
Don't Miss: Caverns and snorkeling.
Key West, Florida
Ernesto took this option from us but the staff made up for it with their planning of on board activities and the regular opportunities that the ship afforded us.