Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A not so great honeymoon

Sail Date: July 21, 2006

I would not cruise with carnival again.

Pros: A day and night in the Bahamas

Cons: Being woken up every morning between 5 and 6 AM

I must have eaten cheeseburgers the pretty much the whole time I was on the cruise and I hardly ever eat red meat. Everytime we went to get lunch or a snack, it seemed the only thing that was ever open was the burger area on the pool deck. When the buffets were open they were opened for a short time and had a very limited amount of food to choose from. The dining room didn't allow for any honeymoon romance since they do not allow guests to have a table for two. We had to share a booth with two other couples and didn't even get to sit next to each other.
The staff that we dealt with were not willing to help us. I asked for our room to be cleaned, it was better but still not clean. The part I thought was the worst was when we went to breakfast in the dining room one morning. We were the second couple to arrive and it was open seating. We asked if we could sit alone and they wouldn't let us. By the time we were done with breakfast there were two tables full of people (one of which was our) and the entire rest of the dining room was empty.
The second full day of the cruise was a day at sea. The ship seemed too small to accomodate all the people on the ship for a full day. The pools were tiny and crowded. It was so hot out and there were no shaded areas to lay out and read a book all the lounge chairs were in the sun and the pool was too crowded to even get into. After an hour of the heat and cooling off in the outdoor shower we spent the rest of the day in our cabin.
Our cabin seemed dirty and the bathroom was not clean. There were splatter marks all over the back of the bathroom door. Aside from the room and the pool areas the rest of the ship was decorated nicely and seemed pretty clean.
The stateroom was completely unacceptable. Every single morning we either pulled into a port or pulled out of a port and there must have been some sort of motor or thrusters directly under our room that for an hour it was as if there was an earthquake with tons of noise and shaking. I can't understand how they can sell rooms like this and expect guests to pay money for a vacation they are woken from every single morning.
They showed the same show twice on a three night cruise.
The jewelry shops were very over priced and they expected you to haggle with everything.
Don't Miss: We had a great time at Atlantis