Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Tons of fun

Sail Date: March 13, 2006

I felt the ship was a little gaudy in its decor. Fixtures, banisters and doors looked like they needed to be updated. BUT those are small things in comparison to whats imporatant. The staff was wonderful and always available to help us. They were always in a wonderful mood and smiling. I loved that they had a 24 hour pizza place!!

Pros: I liked the wonderful staff that allowed us to enjoy our trip and not have to worry about anything

Cons: That at times there was nothing to do it seemed.

Great staff!! They really did go above and beyond to give us what we paid for. I especially liked that I didn't have to pick up my own dishes. I was affraid I'd get used to it!
The club was great. The shows were ok and so were the comediens. The casino was fun but really really cold in temperatures. It made me want to leave and get warm! Oh and the pool was lame. It was the size of a little kiddie pool.
Decor was a little tacky, especially the dining room where we were to report for dinner. That was really tacky! layout was a bit confusing, but I'm sure they knew what they were doing when they designed it.
Food wasn't amazing, but it was good. It was great having 24 hour pizza and ice cream though. There was tons of variety which was great. Ambiance was good too.
Nice cozy staterooms. The beds were cozy, the bathrooms were nice and clean. I liked the little samples they gave us to try out.
Calica, Mexico
Theres nothing to do in Calica. We went about 15 min away to Playa Del Carmen and had fun there. The beach is beautiful but the shops are pretty average. They are very similar to shops in the US so theres nothing impressive about those. Bargaining with the locals for a discount is fun.
Key West, Florida
We went on the Big 3 excursion and loved it. We saw dolphins, went kayaking, and snorkling. All things I'd never done before. I loved it.