Started rough, ended well!

Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Fantasy

4 Night Western Caribbean (Mobile Roundtrip)

Sail date: January 16, 2020

Ship: Carnival Fantasy

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: E10

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Embarkation was a nightmare due to fog delay! While this is not in their control, Carnival could have a more organized plan for when this does happen & not just try to cram people on in 2.5 hrs!! They should also have more food choices available because most people will be starving after sitting in traffic for HOURS trying to park at the port to load the boat!! Other than embarkation & not getting to go to our original port of call... it was pretty good. We enjoyed the cruise director, ANDY!! He was the best!! Sooo much fun no matter what he was doing & ALWAYS friendly!! The Punchliner Comedy Club was really great’ The Britt’s musical was good as well. Food was alright! The dining room food could use a little more seasoning and vegetable options! Rooms were nice and our room attendant, Jerry, was awesome! The coffee bar staff though, not so friendly and I don’t think I saw her smile at all & I went there once sometimes twice a day! I think her name was Luciano! This is an older carnival ship so I didn’t feel it was as kid friendly as other ships. We will use carnival again... but try a different ship! :)

Embarkation

While you can’t do anything about the weather, trying to a full cruise ship in 2.5 hrs was a DISASTER & of course didn’t happen!! Embarkation was delayed due to fog, which we can’t control, but the traffic & loading process could’ve been better organized once boarding became available! We were the last ones to board and it was around 1:00AM when we finally got on! We were starving, but couldn’t get room service, pizza delivery and the pizza line was almost completely the length of the ship! We just went to bed starving! While this was an unfortunate event, they should have a better plan in place Incase this stuff does happen! I felt sorry for those with small children!!

Ship experiences

They weren’t bad. Pizza was good. My prime rib at the Captains dinner was really good. Some food could use some seasonings and more vegetable options would be nice!

Punchliner Comedy Club was great! The Britts musical production was good! The cruise director, ANDY, was AMAZING!!! He was sooo much fun!! From teaching dances to 80’s & 90’s music Trivia! Absolutely LOVED him!!

Did not take children on this cruise!

Our room attendant, Jerry, was very friendly and always had our room ready for us in the evenings!

Bathrooms could be kept cleaner.

Pretty comfy.

Ship tip

If you get seas sick easy, don’t get a room at the front of the ship!

Ports of call

Mobile, Alabama

Wet Willie’s was a great distraction as we had to find things to do all day in Mobile since our embarkation was delayed!

Cozumel, Mexico Did not visit port

Ended up having to go to Progreso bc we lost a day at sea... or at least I’m assuming that’s why!?

Disembarkation

Much more pleasant than the embarkation.