Our 1st Cruise!

Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Mobile Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 02, 2017
Ship: Carnival Fantasy
Cabin Number: U193
Reviewed: 1 month ago
Had a blast on our 1st cruise. Seas were a little rough going out, but we heard that's pretty much as rough as it's ever been for most seasoned cruisers so it won't scare us off from doing it again. The staff and crew took great care of us as we were stuck on board for extra days due to hurricane Nate, which was out of everyone's control. I commend the captain, and everyone involved for keeping us safe, fed and entertained!
everyone was super friendly and helpful in getting us to where we needed to be

The buffet line was great for breakfast. Lunch was hit or miss. I did not go for dinner time. The staff is super fast at cleaning up dishes that are dirty and wiping down tables. Great attitudes all around

C-Love was amazing. He was a ton of fun and his energy was infectious. DJ Cruz was also fabulous. The 2 of them fed off of each other like they've been friends their whole lives. Lots of fun to be around. The musical performances in the Universe lounge were also great. The British Invasion show was a little boring, but that's of no fault to the cast. It was due to the rough seas so they were unable to use any of their stage props. Watching people sing on stools was a little boring, but again, no fault of the cast. They more than made up for it during the 70's performance they gave. It was AMAZING.

The first time they went they had a ton of fun. The second time they said that they just played in a room and nobody really did anything with them. We were looking forward to seeing what the camp had to offer because of so many past cruisers that stated they do a ton with the kids and take them places. I was a little disappointed to see they were just in a room with toys and video games. It was their vacation, too. Build a bear was an option, but a parent had to be present so we did not attend.

The service in the main dining rooom (Celebration) was amazing. BAR NON. Raj is the most energetic, fun and pleasant server that I think I have ever dealt with. He was on the ball, pleasant, knew us by name toward the end of the cruise, had a great personality and was all around a joy to be around. I would love to be on his ship again!

I'm giving 3 starts for one reason and one reason only. SMOKING. I couldn't believe that smoking was allowed INSIDE the ship in the casino and at the bar near it. I would have spent a lot more time in the casino if I was able to actually breathe. Myself and my children had to actually hold our breath walking past. As a past smoker, I understand options tend to be limited. I feel that if they weren't able to go outside to the smoking deck (that I did walk through on several occasions), there should be better ventilation on the ship or an area inside with closed doors and ventilation. I feel like the open smoking, and the amount of it that there was, really alienated a lot of people from using the casino. My group had 8 adults that left the casino early several times due to the amount of smoke.

Alberto did a great job in our cabin. It was always clean and we enjoyed coming back to the different animal towels each day. It was small, but exactly what we were expecting. The beds were suprisingly comfortable and considering we were cruising for our 1st time with 3 children, we were thrilled that they were all able to have their own bed.

Be prepared to have fun!

We got back to port in the dark and their electricity kept going out. That was a little scary, and also kept us from shopping since we were unable to see. We went to the Maya Chan beach resort and it was wonderful! I highly recommend!
We did the Dolphin Discovery tour and it was a lot of fun. Very clean port.
we were stuck on board for 2.5 extra days. I think everyone was ready to get off. I was slightly disappointed in the FTTF disembarkation. We were to go to the Universe lounge and when they told FTTF they could proceed, pretty much everyone left and cut us all off, which was frustrating. I do understand that everyone was anxious to move, but that was one of the perks we were looking forward to spending the extra money on. Considering the delay, I was happy with how the majority of it was handled.