A Blast in Mexico

Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Carnival Fantasy

5 Night Western Caribbean (Mobile Roundtrip)

Sail Date: October 02, 2017

Ship: Carnival Fantasy

Cabin Number: M22

Review Summary

Our honeymoon was phenomenal and a trip that we will remember forever! We are so grateful that we found Book It and were able to afford the vacation of our dreams!

Embarkation

Smooth and quick. We did not purchase Faster to the Fun and really I don’t think you need to. Embarkation doesn’t take too long as long as you have all your documents and bags prepared correctly.

Ship Experiences

We ate in Celebration Dining room with Your Time Dining. The meal options can be hit or miss but the great thing is you can order as many items as you want. If you want three appetizers or two meals, you can have them! The appetizer portions are small so I recommend getting at least one and a salad. My favorites were on elegant night. One of the appetizers was scallops with risotto- it was phenomenal! The same night I had a Hazelnut Cake with a warm chocolate sauce. It was my favorite dessert of the trip. If you want to skip the fine dinning, the. Under serves many of the same meal options. They also have a deli with hot and cold sandwiches, 24-hour cheesy pizza, and 24-hour ice cream (I hit the ice cream a ton!). Also on the ship, is the Blue Iguana Mexican. I was not a fan but my husband loved it. My favorite quick meal was definitely Guy’s Burger Joint. I ate probably 4 burgers on our cruise. They are so delicious! We did not buy an alcohol package but I did get my husband a soda package. If you don’t want to spend the extra money, water, lemonade, iced tea, coffee, and hot chocolate are always available for free- just be sure to ask for a glass of ice water or they will bring you a bottle and charge you for it.

All of the activities we chose to attend were great. We attended several trivia games in The Bistro. We also attended pretty much any and every event C-Love, our cruise director, was hosting. He is a blast and threw the best parties. Adults- definitely attend the late night Carnival Quest game. It’s hilarious and you get to know other guests you might not meet otherwise. Our favorite thing on board was the Comedy Club. We went to almost every show- PG and R. John Mulrooney and JR Brow were absolutely hilarious!

Our favorite thing on board was the Comedy Club. We went to almost every show- PG and R. John Mulrooney and JR Brow were absolutely hilarious! We only went to one of the Playcast Shows because our trip was very rocky because of Hurricane Nate. Because of this the performers weren’t able to do any dancing or use any props. The show just didn’t hold our attention so we chose to attend more interactive activities. The onboard bands are all fabulous though.

We don’t have any children. This was our honeymoon.

We had the best servers possible. If Christopher and Anthony are still in the Celebration Dining room, ask to be seated with them. They never fail to entertain. They only served us two nights but never forgot our names. They were fabulous! Everyone on the ship is friendly and helpful!

The ship is kept clean at all times however, the Fantasy is one of Carnival’s oldest ships and has some obvious wear and tear.

The size was fine and the bed was super comfortable. Our steward kept our cabin clean. My only real issue is that there is only one outlet. With technology being such a large part of society, we really needed more outlets. We brought two phones, my Apple Watch, and iPad but only had one outlet. There was an outlet in the bathroom but it didn’t work.

There are a lot of kids on board. In the pools, hot tubs, running through the halls, touching food with their hands...just be prepared. We didn’t use the pool or hot tubs because they were over run with children.

Disembarkation

We got stuck in the Gulf for two extra days. By the end everyone was going a hit stir crazy. Most decided to carry off their luggage so disembarkation was slow, but once we were off the ship, customs went quickly.

Traveler Photos

The Admiral The Admiral The Admiral Carnival Quest Shenanigans After coming in second place at Carnival Quest 80s Party and Balloon Drop 80s Party and Balloon Drop 80s Party and Balloon drop 80s Party and Balloon Drop After winning Trivia Hazelnut Cake Honeymoon Cake- be sure to let them know if you are celebrating something.