An overall nice cruise

Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

4 Night Western Caribbean (Mobile Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 24, 2016
Ship: Carnival Fantasy
Cabin Number: E240

My husband and I took this cruise over the Thanksgiving holiday as a long overdue getaway.  Overall, everything went pretty smoothly.  The crew and staff were nice, pleasant and helpful.  The accommodations were good.  The cabins were larger than I expected.  The food was ok but nothing to write home about.  The one improvement that I would suggest is better communications prior to sailing.  My husband and I were not aware that there was an elegant night so we didn't prepare for that. I read everything including frequently asked questions prior to leaving but there was no mention of this elegant night.  Other passengers seemed to know about it and dressed for it.  We always seemed to be finding things out "on our own" (through other passengers) as opposed to by formal communication by the cruise line or the crew.  Overall we had a good time, but I think some indoctrination of the ship's amenities and maybe a tour after boarding would be a good offering because I found out about certain options on the last day of the cruise and consequently had no time to benefit.

The food was so-so. We ate in the buffet as well as the formal dining area and the deli. The food was budget quality in my opinion.

I enjoyed the shows (Motown review, Comedy, and movie). The options for playing games on the Lido deck and watching television (football) in the sports bar were fine, however, watching television in the stateroom was spotty.

The staff was great. Our steward, Islah was super.

Our cabin was nice and was refreshed twice a day. Our steward, Islah was very nice and made a point to speak to us by name whenever we saw him. He did a great job too.

Pack so that you can carry your own bags on and off the ship ; bring a nice outfit for "elegant" night, and bring a sweater or light jacket as some of the rooms get a bit chilly.

If you want to do an excursion, either purchase on the ship (a bit expensive) or get up and off the ship early as they book up fast.