Carnival Fantasy

Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

4 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 12, 2016
Ship: Carnival Fantasy
Cabin Number: M31

Cons

1 Window sill crack and missing bolts holding window in.  There was paint on the outside of the window.

2 Bathroom sink crack.  Surprised it held water.

3 Stateroom A/C no thermostat only option was on (When it worked).

4 Shower warm and hot water only choices.  Not fun with sunburn or when hot.

5 Sewage smell in stateroom and deck.

6 Construction/repair hammering very loud in stateroom at 930am for hours (I have video) calls to guest services yielded nothing.  I guess sleeping in on a vacation isn’t permitted.

7 Kids running up and down halls late at night.  Screaming and hitting walls and doors.  NO ANSWER at guest services.  Finally quieted down around 330 am.

8 Pool is a joke.  Too small and appeared to look like human soup.

9 Final disembarkation was criminally negligent.  Hundreds of people, with luggage, jammed into ONE small hall waiting to get off ship for hours.  No A/C in hall.

10 A/C throughout ship and stateroom ship kept going off and on.

11 Wet slippery floors in buffet area due to condensation without a "slippery when wet" sign.  Lawsuit waiting to happen.

12 Smoking allowed inside ship.  Hard to breathe in casino and night clubs.

Pros

1 Room steward Philip was exceptional as were the bartenders at Red Frog Bar.  Excellent service!!

2 Food was pretty good and I enjoyed it too much!  I see a diet for me because of this.

3 Embarkation was very smooth.  Only 20 min from airport shuttle to stateroom.

I’ve been on Royal Caribbean and NCL but this was my first Carnival cruise.  I MAY give Carnival a second chance but I will never set foot on Fantasy ever again (That goes for any ships older than 10).

If this ship were a horse, we'd have to shoot it.