Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean

Worst Cruise Ever

Sail Date: September 05, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

This has, by far, was the worst vacation ever! I booked the surprise trip for my fiance's birthday with hopes of giving him a few days to relax away from his stressful office. However, we were not able to relax because "unfortunately [our] stateroom was located beneath a work area", as I was told by guest services after complaining about the constant (literally non-stop, day and night) banging, knocking, dragging and whatever else was going on directly above our room. It was horrific!

I expected a nice, relaxed stay and instead we'd lay awake for hours before dozing off due to the noise. Likewise, we'd awaken to the same noise! I was/am highly disappointed. The promo that caught my attention when I booked was $239 per person. I chose a room on a higher level, thinking the extra money spent would pay for a better experience, but what a waste!

To add insult to injury, guest services offered us a 15% discount for future bookings! As if we would actually book another cruise with Carnival after this nightmare of an experience! I complained to guest services on the ship several times and nothing was done. They kept saying they would call the work area, but the noise never ceased! I finally went online to see how to submit a complaint to Carnival. I sent an email to them, and not long after, guest services called me and offered me another room (ON OUR LAST NIGHT ON THE SHIP)! I had mixed emotions about it. Relieved that someone, somewhere in the company cared at least to look into the situation finally. At the same time, I was utterly ticked that guest services didn't offer us a different room after our very first complaint since they apparently had an open room available. I am completely disgusted with this cruise line.