Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Should Have Known...

Sail Date: July 01, 2016

Cabin: R-229

We agreed to join a small group of 15 to celebrate my sister in law's birthday. I have been on these 3 day junkets before and I always say that I'm never going back. While we had a fun time celebrating the occasion, the cruise turned out to be more of the same. This time we didn't even get to stop at the cruise beach. We spent 24 hours in Nassau and we have seen Nassau many times before. These type of cruises use the older ships. Our room only had 2 (two) electrical outlets and they can't add any more because the ship is too old and would not be able to add a larger load to the system.  The cabin stewart, Ida, was very good.

Since Carnival prices are reasonable you get a variety of travelers. Many unruly and young travelers that left a few barf trails along the way. The Motown Music show was average, at best. I was told that the comedian was very funny, but I did not attend. I liked the fact that Carnival sets aside an area for cigar smoking in one of the outside upper decks. The drink special of the day was very good. I liked that we were able to bring wine and a 12 pack of sodas on board. The food at the buffets and at the sit down dinners were average. I found the Deli sandwiches to be the best food that the Fantasy had to offer. I liked that they offer unlimited ice cream and hot chocolate. Other cruise lines make you pay for those items. Our wait staff for dinner was excellent. Kudos to Agus and Komang!

I will avoid other 3 day cruises in the future. This type of trip may be ok for the first time cruiser, although it may leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Older cabin in an older cruise ship. The mattresses were not comfortable. I came home with a stiff neck. I have traveled all of my working career in sales and slept in many mattresses. I would put these mattresses at the bottom third of all mattresses I've ever slept on. I was disappointed that we only had 2 electrical outlets for charging phones, etc. Because the ship is so old, the cabin steward explained to us that the electrical system would not support additional outlets. There was rust all around the outside of our cabin window. Better maintenance might be in order.

Get to the shows early else you'll have to sit behind one of the thousands of columns in theater. Make time to eat a ruben or pastrami sandwich at the Deli. Order drink of the day. Bring bottle of wine on board. Ship water tastes funny. I would suggest you PRE-ORDER 12 pack of water for $3.99.