Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

My last Carnival cruise

Sail Date: July 01, 2016

I'll get straight to the point and be candid.  The number one problem was the odor throughout the vessel.  From the bathroom in my room, hallways, lido deck, and entertainment areas...I smelled smells I've never smelled.  Hell, I couldn't even tell you what the stench was most of the time.  That alone will keep me from re-booking with Carnival.  Second biggest problem is the poor quality of food.  I can honestly say I did not enjoy one dish.  In fact, I couldn't even swallow sometimes (e.g., caesar salad).  The desserts were fine and what I expected, but the appetizers and entrees were huge let down and instilled in me regretful thoughts for boarding the cruise every time I chewed.  Even if everything else was immaculate, no one wants to board a cruise ship with a constant stench permeating throughout the boat and piss poor food.  I enjoyed Nassau with my girlfriend, but was getting anxiety thinking about re-boarding that boat.  The quality of other passengers on the ship didn't help, bu that's out of Carnival's control for the most part.  However, what is in Carnival's control is the smell and quality of food.  The last Carnival I went on was to the Bahamas nearly ten years ago, and that cruise was leaps and bounds better than this one.  I don't know what has happened over the last ten years, but you would think a company is to improve its quality and service over time.  Any decent minded human being will steer clear of Carnival if they had nearly as bad of an experience as I did on this cruise.  This cruise is the biggest regret I've had this year thus far.

Michael Spain