Great time, great food, great ports

Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

4 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 25, 2016
Ship: Carnival Fantasy
Cabin Number: E127

This was our 7th cruise our 1st with carnival. We were nervous based on reviews, but we were pleasantly surprised. We have cruised RCCL, NCL, CCL and Disney. Just so you can gauge what we are comparing it to. Disney comes in #1 for us and NCL is the bottom of our list. We knew going in it was an older ship, yes you can see wear on it, but it didn't hinder our vacation or ruin anything(I'm pretty picky too) it was clean! Dinner I was worried about based on previous reviews and they outdid themselves with what we ordered.. Loved the food in the dining room. We only ate at the buffet for breakfast 1x another at cantina had breakfast burritos and they were fresh and delishish and just did omlettes the other times. Guys burgers is awesome you will not find a better burger on deck anywhere that I know of. The fries were just as good!! My only minor issues were in design issues of the ship trying to get here from there kind of thing and not being able to, no access, felt like I was going in circles. Also, I am a "traditional" cruiser I like going to dinner and a show in the main theater, the shows were mediocre. Although the punchliner Comedy Club was fabulous! I found activities to be sparse at times especially the evening in port. I wish they had some of the more traditional games like newlywed game etc.. Games on board usually I'm used to having to make choices on which I would want to go to more this was not the case, again a minor issue I still had fun! Over all the staff was wonderful from embarkation to dining, cabin steward, to disembarkation the food was the biggest surprise for me as to how much I enjoyed it. This trip was a test to see if we would bring the family for a week + vacation with carnival and without a doubt we would not hesitate to go Carnival again. No more of a party ship than any other line that I have been on. Loved it!

Ship was very clean, the design with not being able to get where you wanted to go from one elevator to another was a little difficult to navigate. By the time we got our groove on it was just about time to go home.

We had an odd cabin that somehow was with 2 single beds the cabin steward was nice enough to rearrange the beds to make a king which was super nice, but made for a funky room.., room wasn't supposed to be like that though. There was a large pole in the middle of our room though. Very odd. It was fine for us though. I will say one of the biggest bathrooms we have had aboard this ship though! Loved that!!!

Don't go into the vacation thinking you are sailing top of the line. You're not. It's a great value! You make what you want out of your vacation and if you go in with a positive attitude you will have a positive experience.