Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Disappointed

Sail Date: February 20, 2016

Cabin: U-47

My husband and I recently cruised for the first time on February 20, 2016 and were very unhappy. We were supposed to go to Nassau Bahamas and ended up in Freeport Bahamas. Not only that, we left over an hour late. The entire ship smelled like raw sewage and we had to complain twice about our a/c not working. Also, when we went to guest services to explain how unhappy we were we were told sorry and that corporate would contact us. Then, come to find out, other guest were given free drink coupons. When we went back through the line, we were then given 4 drink coupons, in which we only used 2 as it was so late and my husband and I don't drink that often.

When we go back in the room Sunday, we found a paper that stated they were going to give $50 back per person. I would never have booked this cruise if I knew it was going to Freeport instead of Nassau. There were too many other cruises we could have chosen from. I was planning on booking another cruise for my family while on board and the woman there was also unhelpful. As I stated, this was my first cruise so I was looking for additional information. She basically told me that I could go research on the provided computers and tell her which one I wanted. I said thanks and walked away.

When we got back to the port in Fort Lauderdale, over an hour early, the captain came over the announcements and started asking us to get off the ship. We also never even had a chance to look at the pictures as they were put away Sunday night and we were pushed out Sunday an hour early (but we left late and couldn't make it to Nassau because we could reach the right speed due to technical difficulties).

This was definitely not what I was expecting and was extremely disappointed. Carnival will not be my first choice for future cruises.

Had to complain 2 times about the a/c. After that, we gave up.
The comedy show was the best part of the cruise.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Never went there...went to Freeport instead.