Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Carnival Cruise

Sail Date: February 22, 2016

I work/save hard all year for my spring cruise. Was very disappointed this year as I originally booked a cruise to Jamaica and Grand Turk and was later asked to reschedule as the ship was to be dry-docked.  So, re-booked to go to Key West/Cozumel which was not a favorite choice, as I had already been, but it was all I could make work with my vacation/work schedule.  At 10:30 the night prior to sailing, received an email that there were mechanical problems with the ship and the cruise had been re-routed to the Bahamas.  I had already been to the Bahamas and would NEVER choose to go back.  Not to mention, we were originally to board at 3 and were unable, due to mechanical difficulties, to board till after 7.  Thus, loosing one of our hard earned vacation days to sitting and waiting.  We were, however, given a $50 on board credit which I find not really an acceptable consolation.  Since the ship was four hours late, it never really even incurred any costs for this period and the Bahamas cruise is a cheaper cruise.  While I understand unexpected problems happen, how a company rectifies the situation is the most important factor to me and I find how Carnival rectified the problem unacceptable!  It is easy to offer customers money that they never incurred costs for.

We were very satisfied with our room and staff.