decent but not spectacular

Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

5 Night Bahamas (Charleston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 01, 2016
Ship: Carnival Fantasy

Overall the ship was tidy but the decor was significantly outdated and you could see the wear and tear.  I'm not sure if something was wrong with the plumbing or if our room was maybe placed near the septic system but there was a constant smell of raw sewage in the hallway outside of our cabin.  Thankfully the smell was not in the room too. The comedians on the ship were great.  However, one of the entertainment options (the Cleopatra Room) was not open once during our trip so our only options were a dance club or karaoke.  Also, I'm not sure if this is the case on all cruise ships but I was shocked that smoking was allowed inside at most of the bars (and the casino which was more expected).  The designated smoking area at the outside bar was ok but on the final day of the trip most passengers stayed  inside due to the rougher and cooler conditions.  With all of the smokers smoking inside the ship it was impossible to escape the smell of smoke unless you were in a private dining room or your cabin.  The PA system on the ship was either broken or needed updating because we were unable to understand any of the announcements unless we were in our room to hear them.  And lastly I wish I had a picture of this but the deck crew was "fixing" one of the upper deck railings and after the attached the railing they wrapped both ends with white masking tape. I have no idea whether that was supposed to be a warning that it was not steady or secure or what - but it looked tacky and really unsafe.

Inside the cabin was fine. Outside the cabin in the hallway it smelled like raw sewage.