Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

1st Cruise...certainly won't try this again anytime soon.

Sail Date: January 02, 2016

My first cruise experience was a terrible one. For the price (plus an additional $300 in gratuity for a family of four) I was expecting a paradise but this was not the case. Main issues:

1. The ship itself was decrepit and that certainly showed in the staterooms. Rust and holes were evident. Yikes!

2. Everyone told me about the abundance of food but what's the point if it tastes horrible? At a certain point I was just asking for hot sauce for every meal in the dining room and trying to sleep through breakfast (seemed like artificial eggs due to the powdery aftertaste) until the pizza restaurant opened.

3. The weather (not their fault) was cold and windy causing the ship to rock back and forth for about 3 days straight! It was quite a sight watching people in on the deck trying to carry their food while sliding all over the place. In the Bahamas it was so cold and windy that the locals were covering up their shops and tables. Needless to say, swimming was a less than appealing option.

4. The on-board entertainment was decent but often so crowded that you couldn't get a foot in. They also seemed to incorporate A LOT of opportunities to buy more items, amenities, etc. This isn't a time-share presentation. It's a VACATION!!!

5. My onboard credits from "weren't available" on the ship. I went back and forth with the customer service people on board who stated they had no record of this credit. Of course, I contacted after I was back on dry land and they were able to credit it.

Point? It will be quite some time before I take a cruise again and it will DEFINITELY be  with anyone other than Carnival. Yes that means I will have to find a further port but if and when I make that decision, hopefully that cruise will be far better than this one.