Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Second Mate

Relaxing Cruise

Sail Date: March 02, 2009

Cabin: M48,M55

Embarkation: Since we had cruised on the Fantasy before, we had no problem getting to the port. We were surprised by the lack of people in the waiting area. Everything went smoothly though. Boarded the ship and went to the Lido deck for food and to take pictures. This time around it wasn't as cold or windy like it was last time. The ship looks good with the upgrades. Room: There were 5 of us this time as my sister-in-law join us so we got 2 Ocean View rooms side by side. A lot better than the inside cabin we got last time. I always thought that it wouldn't matter. But it Does. Love being able to look out of the window.

Food: The buffet was not as good as the last time. The Deli and Pizza was always great. But the buffet needed some work. But then what buffet doesn't.

Camp Carnival: They are always the bright spot of our cruise. Our 11 year old loves it. The only problem he had this time was that there were not to many kinds this time around.

Service: Cabin Service was great. Room was always clean. Always called my by name. We called for the cabin stewart one time to ask about something and by the time I hung up the phone he was at the door.

NightLife: The shows were great. I love the Nightclub Express. That was a great show. We missed our first past guest cocktail. But there will be other times. We did formal night this time. The only time that we ate in the Dinning Room. We didn't have our regular waiter. So service was slow, which he did apologize for. But the food was great. I had the Molten Chocolate Cake on my last cruise and I loved it. So I was ready for another on this cruise. Well I was disappointed. This time it came in a bowl and not to my liking..

WaterWorks: The waterworks was ok up until one of my sons slice 8 of his fingers on the small slide. So becareful if you get on it. Carnival handled the situation well. He required 2 stitches which was done onboard. The Nurse and the Doctor were great. The Nurse is from Scotland which is a place I really would love to visit. And the Dr. is from Russia. He was a lot of fun. But even with and injury. My son didn't stop having fun.

Overall we had a great time. Since we cruised on the Fantasy before. It gave us more time to relax,take pictures and just enjoy ourselves.

Cozumel is Cozumel. There is always something to do here. We did The Sub Ocean tour last time. This time the plan was to take a cab into town and do some sightseeing and shopping. We made it as far as Pancho's. We stop at several shops buying items, taking pictures and such. Got to Pancho's sat down, took pictures. Bought an Margaritta and that was it for me. LOl. The waiter told me that if I wanted a good one get the Lime one. That was one strong drink. Now I am not a first time drinker. I stood toe toe with germans doing some drinking at Octoberfest in Munich. But that drink was good. It didn't hit me until I got back to my cabin. And all I can say was. Good Drink.

Progreso is a nice port. Some people don't like it because of the looks. But we love the (Live in Look)that it has. Makes it more real. We drove to Rio Bravo Mexico on the other side of Texas once. And it has that some look without the vendors though. Last time we went to Chichen Itza which was great. This time we took the free shuttle into town and walk around at a slow pace taking pictures and taking in the sites. There are some pushy vendors but we found that if we just say no and keep going they will leave you alone.

Cruise Photos