Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A Typical Cheap Carnival Cruise

Sail Date: January 12, 2016

If you want a no-frills quick cruise to the Bahamas, this is it.

Keep your expectations low and you will be okay.

Ship had no heat, which is not good for a January cruise out of Charleston, SC.  Everyone wore jackets and sweaters for the first two days.  Two of my friends slept in their housecoats and wore socks in bed to keep warm.  Someone commented that he thought this was an Alaskan cruise.  Our steward brought us two blankets, which helped us stay warm in bed.

Staff was cheerful and helpful.  Room steward was great.  Restaurant wait staff were good.

Food was mediocre - little variety and bland tasting.  Burgers were overcooked - almost burnt.  One bite was enough.

One steward upcharged me by asking if I wanted Bombay gin in a martini.  I quickly learned all the martinis are made with Bombay gin.

I was told the ship is due for refurbishment in Feb 2016.  It needs it.

Typical stateroom. Clean and tidy.
Charleston, South Carolina
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
go into town to get a taxi for a tour of Nassau. We paid $100 for six for a 3-hour tour. The dock taxis wanted $180.