Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Decent Cruise

Sail Date: April 27, 2015

I took my three teenage kids on this cruise.  Parking was $85 at the pier and according to a police officer I spoke with is the safest and best price for the downtown Charleston area.  Wait time to board was average and the Police and Carnival people were all very friendly.   Departure took about 30 minutes and the shuttle service to the parking lot was quick and efficient.  I read a review that said a couple had to wait five hours to get off the ship and to their car because of a lack of shuttle service.  This was not our experience.

As with most Carnival cruises it can be frustrated being constantly approached to purchase something.  A picture, drink, mug, shore excursion...it is non stop and annoying.  I'm guessing Carnival breaks even on the cost of the cruise and makes there profit from the charge cards.  Anything and everything can be charged on your room card.   I spoke with a 35 year old guy in the hot tub who told me his friend's tab was $750 and we were mid way through the cruise.

Our cabin was cleaned three times a day by "Lee" who was a very pleasant Asian man.  Fitness centre was adequate but small.

We did not take any Carnival excursions but opted to go to the beach at both Freeport and Nassau.  The locals are very pushy and will try to sell you anything.   They roll their eyes when you say no thanks.  Within a 30 yard distance we were approached 5 times to purchase a jet ski or banana boat ride.  Both these stops are dirty and sub standard.  I will try to avoid any future cruises that stop at these ports.

Overall we had a good trip.