A Fun Ship" - with a great itinerary"

Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: January 01, 2014
Ship: Carnival Fantasy
After 20+ years in the retail travel industry\, and with over 12 cruises on various lines\, I am a firm believer that there are Nice/Fancy ships and there are Fun ships. Carnival bills itself\, rightfully so\, as a Fun Ship! They knock Fun out of the park! It should not be compared to the nicer/fancier lines. Anyone who prefers great food\, superior service and/or a quiet and refined experience\, stay away. If you are looking for an inexpensive fun experience (read Summer Camp) Carnival is your line. This particular cruise itinerary was perfect for me as I prefer \"at sea\" days. It is also 5 rather than 3 or 4 nights. Finally\, being the only ship calling out of Charleston SC\, the passengers\, for the most part\, were from a specific region of the country that I found to be pleasant and interesting. I've been on so many cruises where you get folks from all over\, this overwhelmingly southern group of passengers was a welcome surprise.

The food met my expectations - Mediocre\, but worth the price. The service was better than I expected\, but still not up to par with upper tier cruise lines.

Lots of \"fun\" activities but also the Serenity Deck was a nice place to get away from ALL THAT FUN :)

No surprises - All were generally helpful

The ship met my expectations - Fun\, not Fancy

For an older ship\, the staterooms and amenities have held up nicely

Pros: Unique passenger profile on this cruise made for an enjoyable cruise

Cons: Food was\, as expected\, mediocre

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? Yes!