I expected more.
Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas
Sail Date: December 07, 2014
Ship: Carnival Fantasy
Cabin Type: Suite
Cabin Number: V17
Traveled As: Couple
Reviewed: 2 years ago
My husband and I cruised to the Bahamas on December 7, returning the 12, and we were pleased as well as disappointed.
1. Our cabin host, Rory, was wonderful, attentive, and knew what we needed before we did. Every night we came back to a turned down bed, a new towel animal, and chocolates. My daughter and son-in-law stayed down a few decks and did not get the service that we got from Rory; a towel animal, chocolates, and a turned down bed were not nightly affairs for them. This disappointed my daughter, because who doesn't love to walk into a room with a cute made up animal, chocolates, a turned down bed, and soft lighting on? My daughter was disappointed that her host didn't know their names and he didn't make it a point to know, meet, or make their stay more enjoyable. Rory was a perfect 10! He made up for the other rudeness that we encountered aboard ship. I can't say enough about this terrific man - he even called us by our names!
2. At the bottom of the atrium, near guest services, there is a bar that has an incredibly rude female bartender. We believe that she went as far as to make rude comments about us in another language. Needless to say, we went there twice, experienced her twice, and didn't go back.
3. There was a gentlemen on deck that served drinks, and at dinner in the Celebration room, he served shots. He was wonderful, happy, and made our stay pleasant.
4. Our room was impeccably cleaned - thanks again to Rory.
5. I picked up the phone and dialed for information, and again I was faced with a rude response from the other end. My husband also had this experience.
6. The Beatles show was brilliant, fun, and entertaining; we loved this show.
7. Both of the comedians were hysterical! We very much enjoyed them.
8. The young man in Cleopatra's Lounge was unforgettable; he was charming, talented, and made everybody in the lounge have a great time.
9. Our balcony was great.
10. Overall it was a good trip, but when you pay as much money as we did, we expect a great time with at least common courtesy. The rudeness on Carnival, Fantasy was not acceptable. This was our first trip with Carnival, and we probably will not sail with Carnival again. Royal Caribbean's personnel are much more in-tuned to pleasing their passengers.
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
If you're going to book, make sure that Rory is your cabin host. Don't expect the entire staff to be friendly.