gluten free eats

Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Carnival Fantasy

5 Night Bahamas With Carnival Live (Charleston Roundtrip)

Sail Date: October 26, 2014

Ship: Carnival Fantasy

Review Summary

I was a little bit concerned about my being able to eat gluten free on the cruise. This was our first cruise and I did not know what to expect. After a very upsetting talk with the maître d [he told me I could have a wedge of lettuce for supper],everything was wonderful. Our head waiter gave me a menu for the next day every evening and I chose my meals. There were wonderful selections. The one day that we went to the buffet for  lunch I was told there was nothing gluten free on it. I said that was fine and that I would just eat a salad.  They told me no that the chef would make me  anything I wanted. What a pleasant surprise.  Even better was when I received the chicken breast I ordered there was a mountain of fries on the platter too.  I rarely am able to eat fries because of cross contamination.  I ATE THEM ALL.  I did not get sick once while we were on the boat.  Thank you everybody. The casino was great and so was our steward. The only problems we had were getting on and off the ship, what a big mess. I can't believe the disorganization. There has to be a better way. Standing in line for over an hour to get off the ship was to long to ask of people.  It wasn't as bad to get on but still could have been better. Overall we had a great time. We have already booked our next cruise.

Ship Experiences

wonderful food, excellant staff

casino was great all the dealers and pit bosses treated us great.

great service took care of my gluten free needs wonderfully Head waiter and crew were the best [Dante]

elevators are confusing

room was a little bit cramped but was what we expected bathroom very small. Our room was clean.

Ports Of Call

Charleston, South Carolina

Love Charleston

Freeport, Grand Bahama Island

next time we won't go into town not our thing.