Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Can't wait to do it again!

Sail Date: October 06, 2013

My new bride and I chose this cruise for our honeymoon and we honestly couldn't have been happier with the results. It was the first cruise ever for us both and we cannot wait to take our next one. To be honest, the price point and proximity of the port to our home were the biggest selling points, but the level of service and quality of food we experienced were second to none. All of the crew members were extremely pleasant and helpful. All of the facilities were very clean and well taken care of, despite the fact that, as we were told, this is Carnival's oldest and smallest ship in its fleet. I could nitpick that the decor in the main restaurant was a little outdated, and the projector in the main lounge temporarily malfunctioned, and the desserts seemed to be a little on the dry side, but there were so many other good points that completely outweighed the bad, if you can even call them "bad."

Now, because this is a relatively small ship, it doesn't offer all of the activities that some of the larger ships may offer, and the swimming pool was a bit smallish. However, because it was a smaller ship that didn't leave from FL, it never felt crowded and the passengers were never unruly. Plus, there was still plenty to do on & off the ship. The food was incredibly good, better than most restaurants we've been to (and spent a lot of money at).

If there was ANYTHING I wasn't too happy about, it was the stop at Grand Turk. I understand Grand Turk has its history as the capital island of Turks & Caicos, which may be appealing to some, but my wife and I found it extremely boring and disappointing. There's really not much to see at all on the island, which is only about 7 miles long by 3 miles wide. If I were to take this cruise again, I would absolutely prefer to either stay on the ship or take a snorkeling/scuba diving excursion. However, the time we spent at Nassau, Bahamas and Half Moon Cay more than made up for the time spent at Grand Turk.

Breathtaking sunrises and sunsets were the icing on the cake. My wife and I are already planning on when to take this cruise again. Thank you, Carnival, for an unforgettable honeymoon experience!

A tiny bit outdated, but very clean & never felt "worn out." Great!
Always delicious!
Did not feel "cramped" at all and always kept clean!
Very friendly & helpful! Great crew!
The entertainment wasn't "Broadway-quality" but still a lot of fun
Not very aware of what children's programs were available, although it seemed to be good from the little I saw.
Other than Grand Turk, Nassau & Half Moon Cay were terrific!