Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Purser

Older but still has it!

Sail Date: February 13, 2013

Room Type: Suite

The Fantasy may be an older ship, but she still has it! It was very easy to find your way around on the Fantasy. The decor was consistant and tasteful, although I didn't understand the decor in the Piano (other than the name - Cleopatra it didn't fit with other common areas of the boat).

We had excellent dining room service by Cesar in the Jubilee Dining Room during late seating. He worked very hard at a 12 top and took excellent care of all!

Booked suite U74 and was very surprised by the amount of room. By far the largest room of the 3 balcony suites we've had. Although it had great space, I did miss the double sink vanity and the walk-in closet with a vanity. Savoy was our main cabin steward and we cannot say enough about the service he provided. He was wonderful and anticipated our needs! Such excellent service we felt obligated to tip above and beyond the standard pre-paid (loved this option) recommended tip.

I've heard many complaints about the crew on the Fantasy and will hav to say that for the most part the complaints are not grounded. For the most part the crew was always hustling and most importantly smiling, appeared happy and very friendly. An exception to this was the main seating hostess in the Celebration Dining Room for Breakfast and Lunch. She never smiled and never said good morning or good afternoon. It may be a cultural disconnect but was noticeable and remarkable compared to all others. I was also not thrilled with the CD Risa. While she was friendly, she seemed to at times lack energy and dressed "frumpy". Just didn't convey the fun loving atmosphere of a Carnival Cruise Diretor.

Biggest complaint I would give is the itinerary has a lot to be desired. The Bahamas were not that exciting and had relatively few potential excursions. DId not go to Atlantis as most excursions were too costly, There was not much to do in these Ports. Straw markets were redundant although the people were very nice and friendly but all had the exact same stuff,

This would be a great first cruise. I am thankful that Carnival chose Charleston as a home port. I hope that Carnival and other cruise lines will continue to develop this port, the itinerary and the ships servicing Charleston!