Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Carnival Fantasy Cruise

Sail Date: February 13, 2013

I have been enjoying cruises for 35 years and I rate this one the lowest of all. I do not care about the age of a ship but I do expect it to be well maintained and the staff to be friendly and helpful which I did not find on the Fantasy. The dining room food was excellent but the food on the Lido deck restaurants was not as good and the same difference in coffee. Dining room coffee was excellent but coffee on the Lido deck was not very good. You are only offered water and cocktails at dining room meals and if you want anything else be sure to order it off of the menu. They do not offer items anymore, you must order everything. Many of the booths in the public restrooms had broken privacy locks. Guest Services was less than helpful and dishonest with me. The guests provide most of the entertainment with a Fantasy MC conducting. No show girls and not so great comedians. Some activities listed in your daily ship letter just never happened with no mention or explanation. Bingo was delayed from starting until they had enough money in the coffers to make a nice profit. They did not seem to care how much they threw your schedule off. You are expected to buy your own cocktail at the Captains Cocktail Party, how tacky!!! No Captain's Dinner. Very high priced bingo and internet. No waiters with trays on their heads by the pool and no steel drum music. We hit a cold spell and the ship has no heat. We all walked around wearing layers trying to get warm.
Windows so dirty that view obstructed.
Dining room food good, other not so good.
Unfriendly, dishonest, poor service.
Lack of entertainment and activities.
Children's Programs Appeared to be suffceint but children ran wild and took over the ship.
1-10 I give them a 3
Key West would have been nice.
Charleston, South Carolina
This city is beautiful!
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Get out and view away from the ship.
Get out and view away from the ship.

Ask for what you need/want and do not accept their trying to brush you off.