Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A great cruise!

Sail Date: September 15, 2012

We were very leary of going on this cruise, but I have to say we were pleasantly surprised! I think the time of year played a big role in having a good experience! There were not any school breaks, so very few kids on the ship! We also are not gourmet diners so the even though the selection was not what we have had on other cruise lines, the food was sufficient for our tastes! We enjoyed both the Sea days & the island stops! Very relaxing for us, we have been on other cruises that have stops at islands almost each day, and have found that we don't feel as relaxed after the vacation. This was a perfect mix for a 7 day cruise, we had three Islands & four sea days two before the islands and two after! The shows were ok, They had one musical broadway type show and a few different comedian shows, entertainment was ok in comparison. But the price was pretty reasonable for a 7 day cruise.

Pros: Leaving from Charleston! the port was very easy in & out! We were the only ship there

Cons: not as big of variety of foods to choose from compared to other cruise lines weve been on!

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? Yes!

The ship was kept very clean and was easy to navigate\, not to big that you felt like it was a hassle to get from one end to the other!
The food was good\, but lacked variety of choices. There were some nights that I didn't really find anything on the menu that was all that appealling to me. I do believe though they knew a large majority of the ship was from N. and S. Carolina so I think they chose alot of comfort foods for that area of people.
THe rooms were sufficient\, but were definitely lacking the mini fridge in the room that every other cruise line weve been on has. It wasn't a huge deal\, but we do like to bring our own sodas and waters on the ship to avoid paying the ships prices\, and we just had to get extra ice.
The staff all seemed to be very friendly\, we had the same waiter (Christopher) in dining room twice and he was very good!
THe comedians were just ok! I felt like they picked on people in the audience a little too much for my taste. I don't really find it funny when they do that! They did have a Beatles musical that was very good! That was really the only show on the ship!