Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Third Mate

A wonderful cruise!

Sail Date: August 31, 2012

I've been on Fantasy before back in the 80's. It's a very nice ship and has been nicely updated since then. I had no complaints.

Pros: Being waited on for every little need! I think the Carnival experience was first class all the way. Just such a wonderful time!

Cons: The outdoor buffet.......at times it was way too crowded.

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? Yes!

I was constantly amazed at how clean everything is. Not a cobweb to be found....ANYWHERE! The ship is fine but definitely needs a second pool. Otherwise it was perfect.
The food was excellent. I'm not a person who does fine dining a lot so there may be others who would disagree but every meal I ate was prepared well\, presented beautifully and overall really good.
We had a bunk bed stateroom bc I came with my sister. It was like a little cocoon! We loved it. The size of the bathroom was great. The beds were super comfortable. There was plenty of storage for clothes\, etc. Both of us slept better than we do at home! The robes are a nice touch too. I used mine constantly! The only small complaint I had was that the shower curtains are too long and lay in the shower water which was kind of gross considering that it probably did the same thing with the last person (stranger!) who used the shower. The cabin steward was awesome and did a great job keeping everything clean\, fresh and supplied and we didn't even see him. Every time we came through the door things were all fresh for us.
For this I have to say I was amazed. Every single person bent over backwards to make sure we were happy and had what we needed! I was a little nervous about the pre-tipping and this was the first cruise I had been on where that was the policy. I figured if they had earned their money up front what would be their motivation. I was so wrong. I was\, again\, constantly amazed at the level of service and professionalism from all the staff\, from the pool servers to the cabin steward to the guest services staff and even into the jewelry store. Everyone was incredibly nice\, friendly and helpful. I can't think of one time when someone wasn't overly nice and helpful.
We are morning people so we missed a lot of the night time entertainment but we did attend some karaoke\, the parties mid ship with the band and the deck party on Labor Day. They were all awesome and we danced and had a great time. The band was great\, the guy on guitar in the lobby\, Robin and Donkey and everyone else were super fun. Just a great group of people working to make the cruise spectacular!