You get a tiny more than you paid for!

Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

5 Night Bahamas (Charleston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 26, 2012
Ship: Carnival Fantasy
what i liked:

1. Guess services is understanding and accomodating.
2. food is much better than expected.
3. The staff are much friendlier than I read on the reviews.
4. I recommend the snorkling but not in Free Port and buy it when you get off the cruise after shopping around.
5. The shows were slightly better than average.
6. Good plumbing on the ship. Never had to call maintenance.

What I did not like:

1. Little kids constantly running around and interfering with all activities.
2. Only 2 shows and not enough comedy shows.
3. The comedy shows were one after another in a small space.
4. Not enough organized events. I found that I had too much free time.
5. Proper drinks are very expensive on board.
6. you always see the house keeping crew on the halways with vacumes and brushes and towels. I personally rather not see all that.
7. They make changes to schedule too many times. The ice carving was a joke with only one person making one carving and was barely visible. No electric tools being used. Not much excitement there.
8. Constant harassement by the photographers and Bar staff. While waiting for the comedy show, I found that I had to say no to drinks from bar like a dozen time. If i want a drink, i will ask for one and if i want a photo taken, i will ask for it, stop pushing it.

1. the no wait seating name is a joke. if you go at the designated time you have to wait for a very long time. just go after or before. they don't seem to care that much.
2. Forget about having your drink topped off often. you are better off getting 2 drinks right away or you'll be waiting a while before somebody gets you more water.
3. I find that the majority of the food was swimming in some kind of sauce. It seems to hide alot of flaws of the food like burned onion, old tomato or things like that.

Generally the quantity and the quality of the food was good. There is lots of variety and often accessible.

with the exception of the production shows, the rest seemed very low budget.
to share the prize in bingo is just stupid, is the ships budget really that low?

its an older ship that you can see constant maintenance crews everywhere.
but its clean and good enough.

The third bed placed in the room was terrible. I didn't sleep for the first 2 days. Finally the guess services gave me another room to sleep in. That really helped.

Pros: Food is good. Guess services are helpful and friendly to take care of any issues.

Cons: lots of children, free port is extreemly expensive for everything. You can not do anything without spending a huge amount of money for next to nothing in return.

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? Yes!