Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A disappointed cruise

Sail Date: July 01, 2012

The ship was clean and well maintain

Pros: The day we return home

Cons: The meals and entertainments

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? No.

The public areas were clean. But the publice areas are too small when the ship is full. It was diffcult maneuvering from one event to the next event due to large crowds. From noon until 3:30PM(afternoon) there are not enough chairs to lay out by the poolside. The pool is too small to accomodate lots of people. There are too many children in the pool.
We were very disappointed with the main dining room some of our meals were not tasty\, some of our meals were overcooked especially the seafoods\, dinner rolls always hard\, coffee served withour desserts were always cold. The food selection at the buffet station were not appetizing or tasty. We ate a lot of deli sandwiches and pizza. My older child said Deck 10 by the poolside had the best meals which he tried to eat all his meals there.My family member got a stomach virus the first day of cruising forced to remain in his cabin for a full day. My spouse and I got a stomach virus the last day of the cruise.
Our cabins were clean. I stay in my cabin alot! The cleaning crew were attentive and friendly. We gave each of them a tip on the last day of the cruise.
In the main dining room\, we felt the servers were always rushing us to finish our meal\, they often tried to remove our plates before we were finish. There always were long lines of people waiting to get in the dining room. Our females waitress were not attentive or friendly. We often had to ask the male waiter to find our server in order to request something.
Same shows from last year cruise\, however\, these performers were not well rehearsed. The performers need to practice more to reduce on the noticeable mistakes. Due to bad weather in Nassau\, the only enterfainment for the adults were watching movies because all the shops and the casino on the ship were closed until 6 pm. The worn out Movie screen made it diffcult to see the movies clearly. We were glad that the cable channel TNT was working\, we got some sandwiches and drinks went bad to our cabin and watch TV for a few hours!
The staff were nice whenever our child attended the activities. The Crew Director Matt M. did his best to find some type of entertainment when the weather was bad in Nassau for the entirer time ths ship was docked at the port. Unfortunately\, my family members did not get the chance to see the island of Nassau.