Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

honeymoon cruise

Sail Date: June 03, 2012

It was my husband and i first cruise as well our honeymoon. I was told due to my colon disease Celiac that there would be gluten free,wheat free and dairy free foods available for me 24 hours a day like how the rest of the passengers could eat 24 hours. So we were so excited to know I was going to be taken care of. Well that didn't happen.I was only able to eat when salad / fruit bar was open and that was not often.when I went to guest services several times telling them I had already told.and sent over medical conditions they said nothing they could do I would have to eat in the dining room at 8:15 for dinner and they could try to make me something. Really I can only eat once a day!? Then when went down to dining room I was yelled at for being in there before my dining time to see a menu to see if chef could prepare my food different. I went back to guest service after was yelled at by employee and was told I couldn't eat dinner since I had not looked over and prearranged my meals for week.well nobody ever told us the day we checked in what I needed to do or who to speak to about eating arrangements. I walked all over that ship and was told so many different stories and list of other people to talk too.pissed me off and I will never go thru that again.if anybody has food diseases or allergies take your own food on a carnival ship or cruise Norwegian my friend used them and she had no troubles live and learn.i also spent alot of money for food tips and hardly ate been reallly sick sin e then so thanks carnival for not so great honeymoon due to sickness.

Pros: going to the islands

Cons: was told due to my illness im border celiac that foods would be especially made for me and was not true!

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? No.