Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Fabulous Time

Sail Date: March 17, 2012

The cruise itself was awesome. The facilities were very clean, the food was tasty, the crew friendly, and the ports of call were beautiful. The real problem we had with the cruise ship itself were the beds, which were hard as a rock. Other than that, the only problems that we had were with some of the other passengers - but that's what you get cruising during college spring break season. That being said, the soundproofing between cabins was amazing. When you were in your room, you might hear things in the hall (if they were loud) but you could not hear a thing happening on either side of you. That was really nice.

Pros: Hard to narrow down. The food, the entertainment, the ports of call ....

Cons: The bed was hard.

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? Yes!

Very clean ship and I loved the marble work. However, the restrooms in the public areas were very small compared to my previous cruising experience. Lines were not uncommon. Several times, it was easier to just go back to the stateroom than wait. Also, the locking system on the doors in the restrooms were very weird and took a minute to figure out. I witnessed several people being walked in on in the public restrooms.
The size and decor of the stateroom were great. The only reason that I'm giving this a lower rating is the bed, which was like sleeping on a rock. I'm NOT prone to back problems, but literally had to sleep with a pillow under my knees to get any comfort.
Very safe and very clean facilities. The staff were wonderful. The only issue I had was probably unique to me in that I was traveling with a child less than a month away from his 12 birthday, which means he was much older/mature than most of the kids that were in the kids area. But since he wasn't technically 12, he couldn't sign up for the next age bracket. Because of this, he wasn't interested in participating in the activities in the kids area and spent most of his time with me or in the gym.
Excellent staff. Very friendly.
I didn't get to see or participate in many of these, but most that I did were very well done