Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Not quite what I expected.

Sail Date: March 12, 2012

I went on this cruise with my 21 year old niece for my 27th birthday. I was very excited for the trip, and did have a decent time, however it was not what I was expecting. I thought that the ship itself was outdated in decor (especially after reading that it was refurbished just a few years ago), the lighting was very dark, and it was always very cold inside. It was also hard to find a seat on any of the decks outside during the day because it was so crowded. It was also very loud as most of the passengers were rowdy college kids on spring break, (but I know that has nothing to do with Carnival).

Pros: The food and the friendly staff.

Cons: Too crowded and cold.

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? No.

In addition to the outdated decor there also seemed to be quite a bit of areas under construction. One of our two "fun days at sea" there was construction going on all day by the only place we could find to lay out on one of the decks, and it was very loud and disturbing.
The room was pretty much what I expected, but again the decor left a lot to be desired.
A couple of things that I didn't like about the entertainment and activities were that there was an extra fee for a lot of the daily activities that I felt should be included, also the nightclubs were 18+ and I would have preferred them to be 21+ as there were mostly college kids on spring break on the cruise and it did not seem like the drinking age was monitored very closely (or at least was not enforced). Other than that I thought that the entertainers themselves were very good.
The food was great. I loved that there was a vegetarian option for dinner every night, and that there was always something available 24 hours (like the pizza bar and ice cream).
The staff was great. Always friendly and constantly asking if we needed anything. The waiters at dinner had great personality and our stateroom attendant was very considerate, giving us plenty of time each night to get ready for dinner as we went at different times each night and always came back to a clean room.