Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Mediocre Cruise

Sail Date: January 20, 2012

Our cabin steward, Ramone, was awesome and very helpful to us. However I noticed some of the crew members did not smile or greet us in the hallways. The dining room food was nothing spectacular. Most of the dishes that were offered I can make at home. I thought that there was supposed to be wonderful food on board. I was disappointed and felt that the food quality has gone down hill quite a bit since my last cruise. The food in the Bistro was much better than in the dining room. There was no variety at breakfast time in the Bistro. The eggs were a bit underdone but still tasted good. I got a little tired of eating the same thing every morning though. All of the shops, photographers, atmosphere, and shows were wonderful. I especially enjoyed the comedians that were on-board. They were awesome and we bought a CD from him. The drinks were of high quality but a bit expensive. The buckets of beer were kind of pricey in my opinion and there should have been a wider selection of beer choices. All together we had a nice time but there is definetly room for improvement in a LOT of areas.

Pros: Most of the service, the ports of call, friendliness of passengers & some crew members

Cons: the food in the dining room, friendliness of some of the crew members

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? Yes!

Our room steward was awesome and very helpful. There were not a lot of folks that really seemed to enjoy their jobs though except for the crew by the pool. The crew members that did the "contests" were wonderful and made things fun for everyone.