Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

relaxing and enjoyable

Sail Date: December 01, 2011

Took this cruise in winter because of several reasons, I liked the smaller size of the ship since I hate crowds, I chose February since kids should be in school so less of them on the cruise since I learned on my prior Carnival Cruise to not go on one around spring break or when kids are out of school or young adults even if they have parents with them they still are wild on cruises.( I was waken every night around 3 am of teens running and yelling in the halls and prank phone calls, drunk, etc). so this is why i chose to go when kids would be in school and it would be cold and the ship would be a smaller size ship so i could avoid all the wild acting kids ruining my vacation. so this time of the year was a great time to avoid all that. I did like the open dinning on this ship where me and my husband could sit to ourselves and not be put with strangers to dine with at the formal dinners and the my time dinning was excellent. As far as the staff throughout the ship, some were nice and some were not so nice just depends i guess on what department you were in. the photo department you would find the employees very nasty acting. My room was some what clean with the exception there was a left over used bar of soap in my shower, but the guy who took care of our room was soo nice I just over looked it and disposed and cleaned the area myself. It was cold the time of the year we set sail from South Carolina and it was raining. The rooms didn't seem to have any heat so it was a little chilly in my room. I don't know if it was just my room or if all the rooms was as such. Couldn't use the pool or waterslide nor the jacuzzi since it was too cold, it looks like they would put a ship leaving a cold area as such with an indoor pool area. I did enjoy the relaxation and rest on the way to the Bahama islands. Another nice thing is for the ones who do have children the smaller ones who are not wild acting, the little ones, Carnival does offer free activities for them to do during the day, something to keep them busy or free day care for parents, and they will equip you with a cell phone in case you are needed in any circumstance for your child they can call you from anywhere on the ship, free. That is great.

Pros: not so over crowded

Cons: it was cold and raining and both pools and jacuzzis were out in the cold.

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? Yes!

not a lot to do but it was cold and raining when we left port and the pools and jacuzzi and waterslides are all outdoors. it would be nice if they would have a ship with indoor pool and jacuzzi sailing in this area for the winter months.
some were nice but you would now and then run into a nasty one. The photo shop is where you will for surely find all the nasty staff you want.
I thought the food was excellent. see comment above regarding additional comments
Nice size, seemed a bit chilly at first being it was winter time in S.C. but was nice when we got in the Bahamas.
The little ones loved it. Great staff, with age appropriate activities, games.
great size ship, easy to find your way around without getting lost.