Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

not a very good cruise

Sail Date: September 01, 2011

I have cruised before with Carnival and even though my first cruise was a better experience, I think I will try another company next time. The ship was old, the food was mediocre at best, and the entertainment was terrible. i am 39 and my fiance is 25 and we do not want to play bingo all day. In fact, I would pay extra not to play bingo. The pool and hot tubs were so small and overcrowded that I didn't even try to get in them. They all closed at 10 pm. I would like to get in the hot tub with my fiance sometimes after 10 pm. why not just close them to children at say 9pm and leave them open the rest of the night to adults?

Pros: the staff were excellent

Cons: the food was not good, the entertainment was not good

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? No.

the food was plentiful, but it was never good. i couldn't wait to get home and get some real food again.
very bad entertainment. the shows were terrible. the cast was obviously lip syncing and it was just all around terrible entertainment. I had fun on this cruise only because i went with 4 of my brothers and their wives. we entertained ourselves.
the ship was old. it mostly clean. some of the chairs smelled pretty badly when you sat down.
as with most cruise ships the stateroom was small..
I have no complaints with the staff, they were great.