Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A Great First Time Cruise

Sail Date: September 05, 2011

Room Type: Suite

Me and my family had never cruised before so we didnt fully know what to expect. We were overall very pleased with the experience and will do it again. Everything from parking and boarding to leaving the ship and debarking was seamless, very organized. Food was alway available and the selection and quantity were great. Fine dining in the Celebration Dining room was the best, they have something for everybody including foods I had never had the chance of trying until now. Everyone on the staff was friendly and attentive and always seemed to be cleaning or taking care of a customer. I was dissapointed that the only pool on the ship was very small and the hot tubs were always full so I didnt use them as much as I had planned. We decided to use the spa's deals on a port day, we were put in salon chairs with a rolling foot stool, very uncomfortable and hard on all of our backs. After the treatments we were then given a pressured sales pitch to buy the products that had been used on us, telling us that we had to have them and we NEEDED them. We left without purchasing anything because of the nearly $300 price tag for 4 products. We left feeling annoyed and used, not relaxed at all. Our suits were cleaned nearly 3 times a day and we were always greeted by a towel animal, very cute! The time at ports wasnt too much or too little at all and there was always something to do if exploring the port wasnt your thing. We already want to book another cruise with Carnival but not with this ship, due to simply the lack of pools and night time entertainment for the younger crowd.

Pros: The friendly and funny staff, the selection and taste of food, cleanliness of ship, order and efficiency

Cons: The spa, the lack of night clubs, balcony size

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? Yes!

Very clean. Had a ton of sitting and lounging areas. Layout was confusing the first day but by day 3 you'll know the ship well.
I was surprised at how small our suite was but it was the only room that could comfortably sleep 3. The beds were so comfortable, always a good nights sleep. The balcony was very small and the chairs they have out there are too large, small chairs or a bench would work better.
A lot of bingo....
Loved almost everything I tried. I found it too hot to eat outside but the air conditioned buffet at the back of the ship was very nice.
Everyone was helpful and attentive. I didnt run into 1 rude or unpleasant employee.
We ported along side 3 other cruise ships so the view was kinda cool. Nassau was beautiful from the boat, very inviting. We hadnt anything planned so when a local tour guide offered a 2.5 hr tour at $20 per person we went for it. We stopped at a beach to put our feet in the ocean, drove through the luxury neighborhoods along with the very poor areas. We were given a chance to get out and shop and we also stopped at The Atlantis. I was excited to see it, however we werent allowed to even walk thru the lobby without paying $40 for a day pass! We werent interested after that. The hotel and casino were beautiful though.
Don't Miss: Any tour that takes you throughout the neighborhoods. It was amazing to see how some of these people live.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
We couldnt stand this port. The 15 min drive was through an industrial area and a very poor and deserted area. We were hassled the entire time by vendors and must have seen nearly 40 stores that all carried the exact same products. No selection and aggressive street vendors, not relaxing or beautiful. The other parts of the island may be nice but I won't step food on it again.
Don't Miss: Nothing that we saw