Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A Horrible Cruise

Sail Date: August 01, 2011

This was our second cruise. Last year we did Canada on the Carnival Glory and could not have been happier. This time we took the Fantasy out of Charleston and could not have been more disappointed. The cabin was clean, but the stewards who cleaned threw a lot of personal items away. If it was on the shelf, it was gone. Next, the food was the most horrible I have ever had. The chef appears to have an obsession for certain spices. From meatloaf (which no one ate after 1 bite) to the almost cremated steak I was served at the Captain's Dinner. Even my wife, who is far from a picky eater, complained. For breakfast the bacon was almost raw, the oatmeal tasted sour, eggs were runny. Lunch was limited to the deli, I mean who wants to eat hamburgers everyday on a cruise. But, the entrees were horribly spiced. Unless your fantasy is to waste money, I'd stay clear of this cruise. Oh yea. On the first night in the dining room my wife was yelled at by the waiter because she didn't wait (15 minutes) for him to bring her a special sauce. I was appalled.

Pros: Getting Home

Cons: Food and Service

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? No.

Very old boat and you can tell she is tired and worn.
Sometimes we had hot water, sometimes no matter how long we waited there was NO hot water.
The Glory had entertainment nightly. NOT the Fantasy. Only 2 shows, 1 on the 2nd night and the 2nd on the final night. The rest of the "entertainment" was non existent.