Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Relaxing and fun!

Sail Date: May 25, 2011

A wonderful vacation. We will never vacation any other way... a cruise is the way to go! Great value for the money. Having never cruised before we were not sure what to expect but were pleasantly surprised. From the time we arrived until we left staff was there to guide us step by step with boarding and returning to land. There was always something going on. You could stay busy or do was up to us.

Pros: Could do as much or little as I cared to do.

Cons: Food was not what I expected.

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? Yes!

We chose the late seating at dinner and wish we would have chosen the open meal time option. Food in the dining room was fantastic, I was disappointed in the selection and quality of food at times available at the buffet.
Would like to have had a non-denominational Christian worship service offered on Sunday.
Stateroom was small and we had 3 adults in our room. My adult son slept on a bed that dropped down from the wall and folded away when not in use. However, when his bed was in use we had to stoop down and bed over (or crawl) around the foot of our bed to get from one side of the bed to the bathroom. I feel the bed arrangement could have been set up in a easier to use arrangement.
Staff was excellent, cudos to stateroom steward Jose and waiter in dining room Imade. They made me want to come back to see them each year!
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Disappointed, visited straw market at Lucaya. Unimpressed. No plans to return to Freeport.
Looking forward to going back and visiting this port again to visit areas we missed. We purchased a day pass at the Sheraton and it was worth every penny.