Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Overall a good value

Sail Date: May 04, 2011

The ship has been in service since the 1990's and it is startting to show. The designs of the main areas are dated. The ddamage to the finishes in the cabin show. The food was great, but don't ask for something that is not there. Non-dairy creamer does not exist on this ship. IF you have any food alergies, don't expect to get any info from the crew. This is a ship for the masses, don't expect any individual serivce. You need to bring your own good times, the crew just wants to get their work done, don't expect them to be happy.

Pros: Great coice of food

Cons: Older ship, staff not the happiest

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? No.

I played cards and the dealer was the ice queen. Even when I was winning I felt like I was loosing. The pit boss was not much better. She told me I had to bet $25 per hand for 2 hours just for one free drink! Even when tipping the dealers were cold. Most did not say a word to you when playing. The bartender on the lower level had attitude when she poured the wrong drink. Over-all the staff did not seem like they wanted to be working on that ship. Even when I talked to the management they made excuses like it was their first trip.... ONly the Steward had a good attitude, but it seemed like he was just overly happy just to get a tip at the end of the trip (which he did get). He was good, the best on the ship!
The upper levels were clean and nice looking. The ship had a little bit of a funk to the lower levels.
Cabin had a toilet seat with the paint comming off it. Dirt on the bathroom door from at least 6 months of trips or more, the finish was pealing off the window trim. That is just the cabin. The sheets were clean! the carpet was stained
Most of the shows were OK. We are not show people, but we enjoyed the comidy acts and fun activites. They were trying. BUt they are really making money on the bingo and other fee based activities.
Most of the meals were great. Good selection of food. Quanity was unlimited. BUT, don't ask for anything that was not presented to you. They have an attitude about doing something diffrent.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
We looked at the industral port and decided to stay on the ship.
Don't Miss: The activites on the ship are better during this time!