Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Could have been better

Sail Date: April 18, 2011

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Cruised on Fantasy. I liked this ship better than others simply because of the water-slides that my grandchildren loved, but the pool is too small for the number of people on board. The Camp Carnival is a wonderful idea but we found it poorly planned and executed. They made a point in orientation of saying no adults, however, some activities had to be accompanied by an adult. Their hours of operation were broken up by age groups which made planning and participating in adult activities challenging when you have more than one child in different age groups. Dining my time was not my time for I had to wait up to 45 minutes to get a table when I could see many open tables available.
On the positive side, the ship was generally clean, though we did see a roach climbing up the wall in our stateroom. The dining room food was very good for the most part. I would have enjoyed more seafood options available on pool deck since I do not eat meat. But for those who do eat meat, you will totally enjoy your unending food supply.

Pros: easy on and easy off

Cons: always had to wait for a table in the dining room, sometimes 45 minutes even though we saw many empty tables available; very slow waiters on pool deck, not enough lounge chairs available on pool deck and above, children constantly in the adults only hot tub, camp carnival times not on-going, etc.

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? Yes!

no pool time for the 3-5 year olds, some activities had to be accompanied by adult which defeated the purpose of putting them in the camp, staff not very friendly
all great except for the roach in our stateroom and the public bathrooms that were not kept very clean on a regular basis
dining room generally good. pool deck not enough seafood options on a regular basis. Dining my time meant waiting for a table up to 45 minutes.
too small for 4 people. (2 adults and 2 children) roach on wall, other than that, all was very good. Kept clean and orderly, bathroom kept very clean, beds always made up nicely
Bought a soda card but waiters took 30-45 minutes to bring the soda to me. Many times I ended up going and getting it myself. Staff in Camp Carnival not very friendly, seemed by their comments they could not wait to have the children picked up as soon as you dropped them off. Room Steward was EXCELLENT in all ways!
Wanted to go to the adult comedy show but there were no seats available. We did get to the first one but then had to leave the room for them to 'set up' for the next one and lost our seats for the next show. I didn't see how the seating had changed for the next show to where we had to leave in the first place! Did not want to stand for the next show so we left. Lack of waiters in Casino. Sat for hours at machine with no one coming to me to ask if I wanted a drink.
take the tours if you want to see the sites. We toured on one of our other cruise times, but not this time. Just shopped and ate. Had a great time on shore.
Don't Miss: don't miss the conch fritters!!
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Enjoyed the shops off the ship, beach was great!
Don't Miss: shops and beach