Family Cruise

Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

6 Night Bahamas (Charleston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 02, 2011
Ship: Carnival Fantasy
This was my first cruise that was not all inclusive. Major difference for me at least, having to worry about how much the extra stuff was going to cost, ie. drinks, tips, etc. Just felt like I couldn't relax, due to nickel and dimeing. Overall it was a good cruise for the whole family.

Pizza bar was excellent, ice cream also. The celebration room is a great choice for breakfast if your not a buffet person. Had a couple great meals at dinner, but overall it was just ok.

This is a kid friendly ship, they have plenty to do, although I think its time to rip up the mini golf and start with something new, sounds like a great idea, but its crap.

Rob in the piano bar was great for some late night adult fun. Have him sing Friendly Little Cat.

Older, needs updating, not enough balcony rooms

Old, bathrooms and toilets way to small for the average person. Bring your on toilet paper, the cheapest I've seen. Not enough balcony rooms on ship.
Shopping, ok deals, if you can, plan a excursion here, not really much to do, I'm a scuba diver, if I had it to do over again, I would have done that. Kind of boring area. City is 20 minute taxi ride away.
Don't Miss: Didn't see any.
Plenty to do here. I personally did the stuart cove shark dive, awesome experience, if only I hadn't lost my wedding ring. The other half of my family did the blue lagoon beach day and had a great time. Great shopping, just not a enough time to do everything here when on a cruise.
Don't Miss: Scuba diving with sharks at Stuarts Cove, Atlantis, Blue Lagoon beach day
I setup a charter the Linda D from Charterboat row marina, prior to arriving in port. The fishing was great, caught 4 sails in just half day, and few bonita. The only other thing I had time for was to visit the southern most point. The city looked fun, but I feel like its more adult oriented.
Don't Miss: Fishing, Key Lime Pie, picture at the southern most point

Pros: Pizza Bar, Ice Cream

Cons: Felt like everyone was always trying to sell you something

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? Yes!