A Christmas Cruise

Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

5 Night Bahamas (Charleston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 22, 2010
Ship: Carnival Fantasy
We had a great time. Family of 4 took Christmas cruise to the Bahamas. Should have done a little more research beforehand...the Bahamas are not very warm in December. But we got to go the the water park at Atlantis and snorkeling on Christmas day, though it was cooler than I'd hoped. The food was good and the ship is in very good shape for its age. One complaint we had was that this was billed as a "Family Friendly" cruise and it was for the mostpart. But the shows featured women in thongs. Maybe I'm old-fashioned but it was a little embarrassing with young children.

The food was great.

The shows were not that great. I mentioned the near-nudity thing above but beyond that....they just weren't that good. The Beatles show the final night was the highlight. Great job on that one.

My kids LOVED the childrens' programs...even to the extent I was a little dissappointed that we didn't get to see them much. They always wanted to do what was next on the schedule with the kids groups.

Staff did a great job. Very friendly and courteous. Helpful too.

Ship was smaller than other cruises I've been on...felt more rocking of the seas but that could have been due to weather rather than ship size.

Would have liked a suite but they were all gone by the time I booked. The room was what you'd expect on a cruiseship...small but adequate.
We went to the water park at Atlantis. Great waterpark...and I'm a fan of waterparks.
The port is very industrial. You really have to go somewhere to enjoy Grand Bahama. We went on a snorkleing excursion which was great. The reefs here are full of colorful fish and sea life.

Pros: Staff was very courteous

Cons: Shows were a little lame

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? Yes!