great cruise

Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

5 Night Bahamas (Charleston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 12, 2010
Ship: Carnival Fantasy
The ship was nice and clean, Our oceanview room (for 3) was very nice and had enough space for the time we were in it. The ship seemed to "move" a bit more than we were used to on other ships.

We had "your time dining" and it was like they were trying to move you through the dining room as quickly as possible. The staff didn't even ask for drink orders (bar or tea/lemonade) before meals. They didn't give you time to look at the menu before they wanted your order for both appetizer & meal. The food was good but the service could be improved.

The programs and shows that were offered was great. We went to most all of the shows at night and the entire family loved them.

My daughter did not like many of the activities that Camp Carnival offerred. We toured the place and looked at the activities everyday. She attended some and when she was there some of the activities that were listed were not even done instead they played other games. Would like more options of activities even if the age groups were combined to offer more different options for activities. They also offerred scavenger hunts that sounded fun but they were not supervised activities and they let your kids leave camp carnival by themselves to go about the ship. My daughter was told she could not do this since we listed her as not being allowed to sign herself in and out. I didn't want her out on the ship without supervision. I thought that was what the Camp Carnival staff was there for.

We met a waiter by the pool and waterpark who went above and beyond to know our name and what we were ordering. He was also available during the shows at night and always was very friendly. The room steward was great. Our room was always clean and my daughter loved the towels animals she left every night. She also made sure her stuffed animals were tucked in to bed when we returned. I was not impressed with the dining room staff. Not friendly and they acted like they were just trying to get you through the meal as soon as possible. Not a good dining experience.

Only went through town shops and bought some t-shirts and got my daughters hair braided.
We went to Santuary Bay and did the Dophin Experience. It was great for my daughter even though we were only in the water with the dolphins for a few minutes each. The staff was wonderful and very informative.
Don't Miss: Any of the dolphin programs at Sanctuary Bay

Pros: Water slide area was great for our daughter. She played there everyday and met new friends.

Cons: The service in the dining room was not as well as it has been on other Carnival cruises we have been on.

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? Yes!