Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

The Best Trip EVER!

Sail Date: May 18, 2010

The Fantasy was a beautiful boat. It is 20 years old, but did not show it's age at all! It was our first cruise and it was the perfect size for us. The ship was immaculately clean. The staff were all fabulous and polite. There were plenty of activities to keep you busy while on board. We never felt bored!

Pros: The adult only sunning area.

Cons: The price of drinks at the bar (but I still bought them!)

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? Yes!

Every area of the ship was clean. I never went into even a rest room that had a drop of dirt anywhere. Everything was accessible. There were numerous people with scooters/wheelchairs on the boat and they were able to get around via numerous elevators.
The food was great and plentiful. One night my husband had 3 entrees!! If the staff had an inkling that you were not satisfied with some aspect of your meal they corrected it. They wait staff in the main dining room were great. There was food out all day and night. I defy anyone to go hungry on this ship!
The stateroom was larger than we expected! It was very nice and comfortable. We had a room in the middle of the boat and never felt it rock and it was perfectly located. While I was able to get a blow dryer in the room, there was no way to iron unless you sent your things to the laundry. The people servicing the cabin did a great job!
EVERYONE wanted to help you!! The 'shopping expert' on the ship actually was at one of the jewelry stores we were at and helped us make a deal. Then back on the boat he spent some time with us helping with customs. He was great!
The shows were unreal! I thought they would be cheesy, but they were not. The comedian we saw was a woman we had seen on her own HBO special. While there were many activities (Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' dance lessons, towel animal folding) I did not partake. I just wanted sun!!
The port is beautiful and the shopping area was exactly what you would picture a tropical port to look like. The water was gorgeous!!!! We took a ferry ride to a private island for beach time and from the moment we left the port it was just gorgeous!
Don't Miss: Blue Lagoon Island