Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Could have been better.

Sail Date: April 29, 2010

My wife and I had a pretty good time. We got to relax and get some sun. That's what we came to do. You get what you pay for.

Pros: The sushi bar was excellent.

Cons: The rest of the food.

Recommends Carnival Fantasy? No.

This was my first cruise, but my wife's 4th. I wasn't at all impressed with the food. She kept reassuring me that this was the worst food she has had on a cruise before. Not saying much for Carnival. They need to step it up. The desserts were bland and tasted frozen or prepared a week before. The main dinners were bland as well. I expected to have small portions and have to ask for more, but not be chastised if I didn't want pepper on my salad, or told I shouldn't have got a second shrimp cocktail if I couldn't finish my main course. I should have told her I couldn't force this tasteless so called steak down my throat, and I ordered two cocktails because they only came with 4 tiny shrimp. I will not go back on this boat. One more gripe. I know its not the fault of the crew for the weather. But when you have nine foot swells and passengers that could get sea sick, you shouldn't play running disco lights at dinner. Felt like jumping into a life raft or swimming home.
Very 80's. Refurbished, guess they got new towels.
Our room was excellent. It was way larger than expected. The decor was very outdated, but very comfortable.
They could have been nicer and actually looked like the enjoy their customers. But they did have our room very clean and payed drinks delivered quickly. Don't think they liked the coke pass. Started getting the "I don't get a tip with this" look.
Didn't do to many activities, mainly went to relax. Did watch the comedy show, it was a little funny. The casino was fun, it could have been better if there wasn't a language barrier when they're playing with my money.
If your looking for a tourist trap..... here you go. We spent $170 to stay at Playa Mia. We basically looked at the beach, ate "authentic" Mexican food, and drink as much as we could in 5 hours..... Before we had to leave at 1:30pm. I'm not 18 anymore so eating nachos and drinking margaritas till I puke before noon, not fun anymore. Should have picked something else.
Don't Miss: Staying on the ship in a clean environment.